Disclaimer

This is a personal weblog based on my life with Bernese Mountain Dogs. The opinions expressed here represent my own and and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any clubs, organizations or committees that I may be associated with. Please feel free to comment on any post, but profane, abusive or rude comments will not be tolerated - please be polite, even if you disagree.
All photos and posts in this blog are the property of the blog author and may not be used without direct consent.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A New Sport For Maggie?


Here is a dog sport that we haven't tried.  I think that Maggie would love this:



It is a Bernese participating in the sport of Schutzhund.  I didn't know that Bernese were used as Schutzhund dogs and  I don't know if Maggie and Bosley would be very good protection dogs.  Maggie would, however, love to chase someone and be allowed to bite at the bite sleeve.  She also loves to bark, so when combine all of those things, she would love it!  She also would want to have some cuddles from the "bad" person after she was done chasing and biting him.

5 comments:

  1. oh my god! that is the coolest thing ever!!!! I've never seen a berner do that before. maggie would totally love it.... biting, and barking!!!!! fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never seen a Bernese do the Schutzhund either. I bet Maggie and Bosley would love it!

    Very Cool!

    I hope Maggie is getting better every day!

    Kisses
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, impressive, that Berner would give any shepherd a run for it's money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Never seen a Bernese doing Schutzhund before. I think it'll be very shocking to see a Golden doing it too! The Bernese is just too fluffy & sweet looking for Schutzhund really. It just doesn't have the fierce scawie look like the Rotties or Dobbies.

    Butt wiggles,
    Solid Gold Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  5. that would be right up her alley haha!!

    ReplyDelete