Disclaimer

This is a personal weblog based on my life with Bernese Mountain Dogs. The opinions expressed here represent my own and and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any clubs, organizations or committees that I may be associated with. Please feel free to comment on any post, but profane, abusive or rude comments will not be tolerated - please be polite, even if you disagree.
All photos and posts in this blog are the property of the blog author and may not be used without direct consent.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mopey Maggie


Here are some pictures of Maggie that I took today.  Poor girl, she is getting really tired of having her splint on.  I thought, by now, she would be driving us all nutty with pent up energy, but she spends her days being mopey and sad.  She cannot run and play like she usually does and the only time she leaves the house and yard is to go to the vet to get her splint changed.  I am hoping that it will only be about 3 more weeks until the splint can come off.  It is very strange to have a Mopey Maggie in the house - she is usually full of energy and spunk.


You can't tell from the pictures, but Maggie is looking quite skinny.  Her weight has stayed the same, but with no exercise for nearly 6 weeks, she has lost a bit of muscle and her Big Berner Butt is not so big.  Maggie is not a large Bernese to begin with (only 75 pounds) so that loss of muscle tone is very noticeable.

Pretty Maggie!

Maggie gives some effort to play, but it has been a while since she has body checked Bosley and pinned him to the ground.


6 comments:

  1. maggie i miss you :)

    maybe we should all come over to your house and cheer you up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMD that second to last picture just melted my heart.

    Thank you for the smile today.

    Luv & Kisses
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Maggie. Here's hoping that the splint doesn't have to stay on for much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that first shot of Maggie is gorgeous....maybe I should make a pin up of it for Tate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I just found your blog. Nice to meet you. I had my step mother Bella. She was Bernese Mountain dog too. Unfortunally she was not well from the day one. She had her 3 legs operated, then she injured very badly her last good leg. It was horrible, so my mummy and daddy must put her asleep on september last year. I'm still very sad and missing her a lot.
    I hope you guys are in good health! You are so beautifull.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    I hope that Maggie is feeling better soon! At least she looks adorable when she's mopey!
    -Tibby

    ReplyDelete