Disclaimer

This is a personal weblog based on my life with Bernese Mountain Dogs. The opinions expressed here represent my own and and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any clubs, organizations or committees that I may be associated with. Please feel free to comment on any post, but profane, abusive or rude comments will not be tolerated - please be polite, even if you disagree.
All photos and posts in this blog are the property of the blog author and may not be used without direct consent.

Friday, January 23, 2009

40 Things


I was tagged by Sarah to list 40 things about me.  I will play along, although I don't know how interesting this will be.

1)  I grew up on a farm in Southern Saskatchewan.

2)  I have 2 sisters and I am the oldest.

3)  I don't know how to swim.

4)  I am very scared of heights.

5)  I don't have any fillings in any of my teeth, but the dentist keeps bugging me to get my wisdom teeth out.  

6)  My first car was a 1972 Chevy Nova.  I liked everything about it except it's colour - it was              green (70s green).

7)  I have never been married, but have been with the same guy for 12ish years.

8)  I have an 18 year old daughter named Amy.

9)   I have a degree in Sociology and Psychology (with a focus on Neuro-psychology). 

10) I do not have a job that is related to either Sociology or neuro-psychology (go figure).  But all my psych classes drilled classical and operant conditioning into my head and that has come in useful in dog training.

11) I have lived in 8 different towns/cities.

12)  My second toe is longer than my big toe.

13) I don't like spiders.

14)  When I was in grade 6, our school bus driver had a box of puppies on the bus that he was giving away.  I took one home.  My mom was not impressed, but Tippy stayed.

15)  I used to sleepwalk.

16)  My favorite movies are "Princess Bride" and "The Three Amigos".

17)  My favorite TV series is Fawlty Towers.  I have all the seasons on video and no matter how much I watch them, it is still funny.  I also really like "All In The Family" reruns.

18)  When I was a kid, I would read every horse or dog book that I could get from the library.

19)  I get up between 3:30 and 4:00 every weekday morning to go to work.

20)  I am not a morning person, but I like getting home from work by 1:30 in the afternoon.

21)  I love to sleep in.

22)  I watch very little TV, but I love going out to the movies.

23)  I have very bad eyesight.  I think my eyeglass prescription is -6.0.  That is bad!

24)  I have had glasses since I was in grade 4.  I really hated my glasses, so I never would wear them.  I went around without seeing well until I got contact lens in grade 9.  I still don't like to
wear my glasses in public.

25)  I love being at home.

26)  I need lots of "alone time" or I get really grouchy.

27)  I love on-line shopping.  I think I like it so much because you can get good deals and I like getting things in the mail.

28)  I have always wanted to get a bird.  Once I bird-sat for a friend and I was picking up feathers and seeds for a week after the bird went home. I would still like to get a bird.

29)  One of my pet peeves is when people don't use "they're", "their" and "there" properly.

30)  I am very allergic to cats.  

31)  This year is my 20th high school reunion.  That is weird!  

32)  I hate cooking.

33)  We eat out lots.

34) Favorite female singer - Ella Fitzgerald.

35)  Favorite male singer - Chris Issak.

36)  Favorite place I have travelled to so far - Florida.

37)  I won't travel anywhere that requires getting a 'shot'.  

38)  My best friend in high school got grounded from seeing me because I was a "bad influence".  I think I was having sleepovers at her house again the next week.

39) I don't drink coffee and have maybe 2 or 3 alcoholic drinks a year (stay away from me, I'm a bad influence).

40)  Cheezies!  Yum.


OK, that was really hard.  Congratulations if you could actually make it all the way through that list.  

4 comments:

  1. #9 cool!!!!
    #39 really!! I have 2 glasses of wine almost everynight!!, oh dear, did I say that out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a Bio-Psych degree! Never met anyone else who had anything similar (other than my classmates of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... I could never get up that early to go to work every day.

    When I was young we would go to Florida on vacation every year. We would stay at St. Pete Beach. I just LOVED it there.

    Lots of Luv & Kisses
    Addie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty cool list. I don't know if my life is that interesting. Maybe it's because you ARE 6 years older than me (he he). Miss you.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete