Disclaimer

This is a personal weblog based on my life with Bernese Mountain Dogs. The opinions expressed here represent my own and and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any clubs, organizations or committees that I may be associated with. Please feel free to comment on any post, but profane, abusive or rude comments will not be tolerated - please be polite, even if you disagree.
All photos and posts in this blog are the property of the blog author and may not be used without direct consent.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Baby Steps


Sometimes change happens so gradually that you barely notice it.  Then all of a sudden, one day, you realize that things are not the same as they used to be.

This newspaper on the coffee table is one such change.  To most people, it is not a big deal to have a newspaper laying on the coffee table, but a year ago, or even six months ago, this newspaper could not be left here.  It would have been torn to sheds and eaten by one named Bosley.


These books would have been used as a fun tug-o-war toy, or would suddenly be missing a corner. 
  
(Look, no teeth marks)

Yesterday, I looked at the pile of reading material on the table and suddenly realized that we can leave out books, magazines and newspapers and the dogs actually leave them alone.


Now steaks are another issue.  I still need to leave them on the back of the stove or I am very certain that as soon as I turn my back, they would be gone.

Today newspapers; tomorrow steaks?  


Somehow I think that the steaks will always be on the back of the stove.


6 comments:

  1. BOL!

    We will be at that stage at some point again. Little Lucie is discovering all of the fun things that Addie discovered when she came. DVD cases, printer paper, etc.

    Playing in the water bowl... I think Addie just out right taught her that one!

    Luv & Kisses
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, you can leave steaks on the counter???!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL i remember the day i could leave paper items too!! haha

    steaks, raw meat and bread however, are still kept on TOP of the FRIDGE!!!!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bosley is growing up & maturing. He's got so much more fun activities to do than eating newspapers & even books! We however never had the urge to destroy anything on the coffee table or even staling anything even meat on the kitchen counter. But food on the coffee table is a different story. I stole a few fried chicken backsides while my hooman were busy in the kitchen once. Mommy caught me. DANG!!!

    Butt wiggles,
    Solid Gold Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  5. you mean there's hope for Kort???!!!
    I can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished the book 19 Minutes last night!

    ReplyDelete