Disclaimer

This is a personal weblog based on my life with Bernese Mountain Dogs. The opinions expressed here represent my own and and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any clubs, organizations or committees that I may be associated with. Please feel free to comment on any post, but profane, abusive or rude comments will not be tolerated - please be polite, even if you disagree.
All photos and posts in this blog are the property of the blog author and may not be used without direct consent.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's A Kind Of Magic!


This little yellow and black grooming tool is made of magic!  I was skeptical that it would actually work, even after I heard of many people singing it's praises. Maybe I would have tried it out sooner, but it cost $70!  Would it really be worth all that money?  Then one of my friends bought one to groom his Husky and he couldn't say enough good things about it.  So I broke down and bought one.   What is this magical tool?  It is the Furminator.  



I took the Furminator out of it's package and thought, "How can this get out any fur, it doesn't even have any teeth.  Good thing it has a money back guarantee".  Bosley was my first test subject (since he likes to be brushed and Maggie doesn't).  Wow, I couldn't believe all of the fur that came off of him.  I kept brushing and brushing and more and more fur came out.  It was pretty amazing actually.  I barely needed to put any pressure on the Furminator and in no time at all, he was all groomed.  Between him and Maggie, I brushed out a big bag full of fur, and it's not even heavy shedding season yet.  The dogs look lighter and hopefully there will be less fur on the carpets and bed now.

I love the Furminator!

(The Furminator people did not pay me to say these nice things about their product, but they can if they want, or at least they can send me a free Furminator).

5 comments:

  1. i thought you had one already!!! those pictures from last year :)

    were you just brushing them??

    I LOVE that thing too! My isn't quite as heavy duty as yours, i bought the small one :)

    you should save their hair and ask jan to make you a toque!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,
    I just bought one on Friday. Those other pictures were just using a regular bristle brush. It will be interesting to see how much fur I brush off this spring when they are really shedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE my Furminator!! I just have the medium sized one, but it works great for my fluffies.

    PS. Like your new blog background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Furminator too!

    I purchased one when K-8 was a Therapy Dog to help reduce the amount of fur that she would leave behind at the retirement community. It never mattered how much I brushed her before her visits. After one going over with the Furminator there was a noticeable difference in the amount of fur that she left behind.

    I really love your new blog color!

    I also really hope that they send you a free furminator!

    Have a great week!
    Staci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you buy it ,we need one for oreo.

    ReplyDelete