Disclaimer

This is a personal weblog based on my life with Bernese Mountain Dogs. The opinions expressed here represent my own and and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any clubs, organizations or committees that I may be associated with. Please feel free to comment on any post, but profane, abusive or rude comments will not be tolerated - please be polite, even if you disagree.
All photos and posts in this blog are the property of the blog author and may not be used without direct consent.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Best Agility Class Ever


If Bosley could talk, he would say that last night's agility class was "the best class ever"!  I am looking for different ways to motivate/reward Bosley - ones that will get him really excited.  Last night, after he had a very successful run through the weaves, he got to have a bully stick (his most favorite treat in the world) as a reward.  I think that his eyes almost popped out of his head when he realized that it was for him.  After that surprise reward, his energy seemed to pick up and he tried really hard the rest of the class.  At the end of his very last weaving sequence, I threw his goody container (filled with canned dog food) and he got to eat it all.  I hope that the surprise of the bully stick and the big jackpot at the end of class will be very motivating for him.  I don't want to use the "big" rewards too often, or else they will not have the impact that I want.  I do want to provide varied rewards so that he is always wondering when something extra good is coming.   

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had my video camera last night, it was pretty priceless.

    ReplyDelete