Disclaimer

This is a personal weblog based on my life with Bernese Mountain Dogs. The opinions expressed here represent my own and and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any clubs, organizations or committees that I may be associated with. Please feel free to comment on any post, but profane, abusive or rude comments will not be tolerated - please be polite, even if you disagree.
All photos and posts in this blog are the property of the blog author and may not be used without direct consent.

Monday, April 7, 2008

Looking Back


Maggie loved to do the A-frame!


The dog walk was scary for me - I was always worried she would fall off.


Sarah and Amanda helping with the teeter.  A handful of treats from me encourages her over.


Maggie used to love the table - now she finds it kinda boring.

It is fun to look back and to see how far we have come in the past 2 years.  Maggie was the goofiest puppy in the class.  She spent a lot of time getting the "zoomies" when she was supposed to be learning.  I remember watching the more advanced agility dogs before our class and being in awe . . . they were so good (they didn't run off in the middle of a sequence) and they competed in trials (which seemed like a life time away for me).  I never thought that someday we would be competing too.  I am sure that Sarah and Amanda had their moments when they wondered "what the heck is that lady with the crazy Berner doing in our class ?!?" as they watched Maggie run donuts around the training field.  

5 comments:

  1. awww...look how green the grass was! Wow! It seems like so long ago doesn't it? We always knew that Maggie would be an ass kick'n dog though- even though she is a big dog she has a ton of drive, heart and just will to do it...but I will admit to being a tad bit frustrated with the whole zoomie thing ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are great, and NOOOo we never thought that of Maggie, remember who my "middle child" is ...

    we can see the potential in any dog, even in the midst of zoomies we can see it!!! Maggies pure enthusiasm shines through in everything she does. And you do a great job bringing that out, and turing that happiness into something workable!!!

    You guys have come soooo far, it is so awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, it's nice to see all those older pictures of Maggie during her 1st stage of learning Agility. The obstacles are really nice & my mommy used to be worried about me walking on the dog walk too. I fell off it about twice I think but still was confident walking on it until one tie when I totally refused to walk on it anymore. Great pictures & Maggie, you've grown alot & you're already considered quite good for a Berner.

    Love licks,
    Solid Gold Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny how we all think our dog was the worst behaved in class. Coulee was no angel either! Wait, she still isn't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think everydog did experience being a zoomie...

    it took me 2 yrs to get rid of that habit...

    but the main reason to be there is to have fun during the run!

    ReplyDelete