Disclaimer

This is a personal weblog based on my life with Bernese Mountain Dogs. The opinions expressed here represent my own and and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any clubs, organizations or committees that I may be associated with. Please feel free to comment on any post, but profane, abusive or rude comments will not be tolerated - please be polite, even if you disagree.
All photos and posts in this blog are the property of the blog author and may not be used without direct consent.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

52 Weeks For Dogs - A Success !

One year ago, I signed up for the Flickr "52 Weeks For Dogs".  This is where you post one picture per week of your dog (it must be the same dog each week).  Bosley was the star of my project in 2010.  It was a great way for me to get my camera out more often and try to get shots I normally would not think of taking. It was sometimes difficult to stay motivated to do a shot each week but I finished the entire project.  Some of the pictures I really love and some are just so-so (those were usually the weeks I left my shot until the last minute).

This was my picture for week 52 - the final shot of the series.  It is one of my favorites of the year. I love the light and the frosty whiskers.

Here are some of my other favorites:

This is just plain cute :)

I like the tones and how Bosley is gazing over his shoulder.

Gotta love that goofy face!

I used this picture for my Christmas cards this year.

You can see my entire 52 Weeks project on my Flickr page : Bosley's 52 Weeks For Dogs

In 2011, Maggie is going to move to the 52 Weeks project.  Maggie is much harder to photograph because she is not near as cooperative as Bosley.  She also seems to give the camera only one look - and that is one of annoyance.  It will give me some new challenges, that's for sure.

Bosley is not totally "out of the picture" when it comes to Flickr.  I signed him up for a 12 Weeks project where I need to submit 1 photo a month of him.  It should be fun and he loves the camera!

5 comments:

  1. Bosley's 52 weeks has be great to see! He is such a a handsome guy! Maggie will be fun. She has more than one camera face- her crazy girl face comes out once in a while if the motivation is right!!! You'll just have to plan it ahead of time- this year with Boone I had to do the same thing. Each week was planned or I knew I'd get weirdo boone instead of cute.

    Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on completing "52 weeks"!

    Mom signed me up for "12 months" as well, so it will be great to keep tabs on all of your fabulous photos!

    wags, wiggles & slobbers
    Murphydog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shots! I don't think I could do that - but the 12 project shounds much more manageable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these pics. I'm on my way to Flickr to subscribe to your photo feed right now (my user name is Drunken Lagomorph)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great photos! I think the christmas card shot is very creative!!

    ReplyDelete