Disclaimer

This is a personal weblog based on my life with Bernese Mountain Dogs. The opinions expressed here represent my own and and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any clubs, organizations or committees that I may be associated with. Please feel free to comment on any post, but profane, abusive or rude comments will not be tolerated - please be polite, even if you disagree.
All photos and posts in this blog are the property of the blog author and may not be used without direct consent.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Rally Fun Match

Today the dogs and I drove out to Cowley to a rally obedience fun match hosted by Judi of Shadowbar Shepherds and SAWHDA.  It was a lot of fun and a great way to practice with the dogs in new surroundings.  Both dogs did both a novice course and an advanced course.  Bosley did great in the novice course with a score of 97.  He lost marks for some sniffing.  Maggie was very excited to be there and was more interested in visiting the timekeeper and the judge than actually doing obedience.  She left the course to go sniff someone's backpack and it took her a few stations to get warmed up.  She finished the novice course with a score of 89.  She did much better in the advanced course (although her mark was the same).  She was much more focused and totally ignored the food bowl distractions.  She lost marks for knocking over a sign and for some sniffing.  Bolsey did well in his first try at advanced too.  However, the food bowls were too much of a distraction for him (I guess we need to work on that).  He also did not get his Schultzhund turn, although he does it perfect in practice.  He finished with a score of 82, which I was pretty happy with.  

At the end of the day, we had an armband draw, to switch dogs and handlers.  I drew Jane's name.  Jane is a very cute and even smarter Jack Russell Terrier.  Her and Sarah won the top prizes in both the novice run and the advanced run today.  Jane did not do so well with me as a handler.  She is a very fun dog and heels perfect.  I am just so used to big dogs that I kept tangling up the leash and I kept watching my feet so I wouldn't step on her.  I had fun with her though, but I am sure she was happy to go back to her mom.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that the two berners did well! Bosley does Schutzhund too???

    Love licks,
    Solid Gold Dancer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours guys did great, I think Maggie and Kaleb had a talk about how fun the people on the sidelines were!!!

    I love watching your dogs heel, they are so upbeat!

    YOu and jane together were sooooo cute!! Talk about a change in size of dog for you! I have a couple pictures I'll post them later!!!

    ReplyDelete