Disclaimer

This is a personal weblog based on my life with Bernese Mountain Dogs. The opinions expressed here represent my own and and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any clubs, organizations or committees that I may be associated with. Please feel free to comment on any post, but profane, abusive or rude comments will not be tolerated - please be polite, even if you disagree.
All photos and posts in this blog are the property of the blog author and may not be used without direct consent.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009/2010

Well, it's that time again - to look back at the year that has past and look ahead to 2010. Where did the year go - it seemed to fly by.

I didn't get to all the goals that I set for the year. I wanted to finish both dogs' Advanced Rally titles and finish Maggie's CD. Maggie did no obedience at all and I have put off Rally for now. I wanted to finish Maggie's SAADC title, but she only did 2 AAC trials this year.

The goals I did complete were to start trialing Bosley in agility (his first trial was in June) and compete at Regionals with Maggie. I entered Bosley in a draft test and he learned to fetch the dumbbell!

Here is a quick look back over the year's stats:
Maggie - came back from a broken toe and mast cell cancer.
- ran in 3 CKC trials - earned 6 Qs and her Intermediate JWW title
-ran in 2 AAC trials - earned 4 Qs

Bosley- ran in 3 CKC trials - earned a total of 14 Qs and 4 titles
- ran in 2 AAC trials - earned 8 Qs and 1 title
- entered a draft test
-is almost ready for Open Obedience

Goals for 2010
Maggie - keep having fun in agility and obedience. Maggie is not a very well built dog and is having some issues with her back and rear end, so I am not pushing agility too much. I am looking forward to dropping her to veterans in February. We will see how the year goes and do a few trials. I would like to start doing some tracking with her. I think that would be a great way to keep her active and her brain busy.

Bosley - I would like to try to get his CDX this year (he is pretty close to being ready to enter a trial) and start Utility exercises. We are also going to get his Draft title this year and start training for his DDX title. In agility, I hope to finish his CKC excellent titles and start working towards Championship Qs. If he keeps running well, and we enter enough trials, I think he should be able to get to AAC Masters level this year. I am also thinking about entering him in AAC regionals - crazy, but I will see how he is running when we get closer.

So, goodbye 2009 and here's to a fun and productive 2010.

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Maggie overcame the almost impossible this year, and what a comeback she had. you should be so proud of her.

    And Bos, what do you say about him ... he is wonderful (even Kaleb thinks so) you've done a great job with him ... and he's just getting started, really!

    I can't wait for more great training with you and your guys in 2010 and see you accomplish your goals!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great year! but are you time traveling back to 2008 for your new goals?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Laura, I didn't notice that either until you pointed it out! :o)

    Maggie had a great year- and I have no doubt that she is going to LOVE those 16" jumps. I can hardly wait to see her.

    Bosley is one of those dogs who just gives it- all the time. I don't think Regionals will be any problem for him- we'll have to do some more distance work between now and then but he is going to rock I am sure!

    You are a GREAT trainer, and it shows in your dogs. Keep working, and training and without a doubt the next year is going to be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for pointing that out Laura. Funny - I didn't even notice. That's what I get for writing a post late at night.

    ReplyDelete