Disclaimer

This is a personal weblog based on my life with Bernese Mountain Dogs. The opinions expressed here represent my own and and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any clubs, organizations or committees that I may be associated with. Please feel free to comment on any post, but profane, abusive or rude comments will not be tolerated - please be polite, even if you disagree.
All photos and posts in this blog are the property of the blog author and may not be used without direct consent.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Introductions/Background

I got my first Bernese, Maggie in the spring of 2005.  I was expecting a mellow, laid-back Berner puppy - wow, was I in for a surprise!  Maggie was anything but mellow, she perhaps could have been one of the baddest puppies ever in the history of puppies.  She had so much energy (think Border Collie without the focus), even with lots of daily exercise, that I am still not sure how I survived those puppy days.  I enrolled Maggie in puppy obedience classes and then in basic obedience.  Maggie was a quick learner and I was enjoying classes as much as she was.  I was hooked and decided that one day we were going to compete in obedience.  I also was looking for a more physical outlet for Maggie's energy and I had always thought agility was interesting so we signed up for a level one class and we had such a great time learning new skills and working on new challenges that I got addicted to agility too.  

So now that I had high aspirations of competing in obedience and agility, I wante
d to add a
 second dog to the mix (everyone thought I was crazy).  I got Bosley in the fall of 2006.  Bosley came from a wonderful breeder who chose him for me based on the information that I was looking for an obedience dog.  Bosley could not have been a more perfect match.  Mellow, yet a willing learner, Bosley is my "velcro dog".  He rarely leaves my side and has a great work ethic. 

So, those are my dogs.  I hope to share many stories of what it is like to live with them and to work with them.

3 comments:

  1. cool blog!!!! glad you joined the world of the cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and welcome to dwb's!

    We are 6 airedales in the UK...drop by and see us sometime. We love reading about what other bloggers get up to!

    Big Nose Pokes
    The Thugltesx

    ReplyDelete